Popular Posts

Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice

Source: Tumblr 
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Everyone knows the opening sentence to Pride and Prejudice. I have read it a million times myself, but I never finished the actual book itself. Can you believe it? How can I consider myself a book lover when I have never read Pride and Prejudice. And I had never seen the movie until this weekend either (I know).
This year it is finally time to read Pride and Prejudice however. Whenever I tried to read it before, I always had a problem with the language in which Pride and Prejudice was written. It took me a lot of effort to read so much as a page and I put it away most of the time in favor of reading another, easier read. However, after seeing the 2005 movie over the weekend and absolutely loving it, I decided to give it a try. I find that having a general idea of what the plot is about, makes the book a lot easier to read and I'm definitely enjoying myself now. I'm about half way and it's awesome so far.

Some things I'm especially loving at the moment:

  • Mr. Darcy (Duh)
  • The quintessential British Culture
  • All the pretty dresses
  • The romance (swooooon)
  • The story
  • The small romantic moments
  • and so much more ...


You may also like:

1 comment

  1. I had a phase in which I watched a bunch of films that had Keira Knightley in them, and Pride and Prejudice was one of the films I watched! Still haven't gotten around to reading it; there are a bunch of books I haven't gotten around to reading yet :( Language is also a problem for me, although English is my first language. It's so much easier to read contemporary novels though! I guess with school going on, it's harder to choose a book that takes a little more effort to read. But since you say that it's a lot easier to understand now that you've watched the movie, maybe it's about time I give it a try too! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.