Popular Posts

My To Do List for the Last week of Summer


This week officially marks my last week of summer. Coming Monday I will be off to class once again. To be honest, I am actually looking forward to starting college again. It's exciting to see my friends and catch up and to be honest, I really want to go out there and learn new things again, make new friends and have more amazing experiences and opportunities. I'm also moving out of my parents house and I am gonna be living on my own for the first time ever.  I have so much to arrange still, it's going to be a busy few weeks. But I want to make the most of my last week of freedom. These are the things I really still want to do before school starts up again.

Though I have to mention that the weather is absolutely shit over here right now. Thunderstorms and everything. Great weather for the last week of my summer break. I'm going to squeeze in as much of these things as possible though. Ain't going to let the weather beat me!
  • Go on a day trip to a nearby city Rotterdam is the city I'm thinking about. I still have a few things that I need to pick up and I think it would be nice to pick up some lunch at the Markthallen and do a bit of shopping.
  • Go for a swim at the local pool I haven't been swimming since my holiday over a month ago. Swimming at an outdoor local pool just screams of my childhood summers. I want to relive those summer days.
  • Have one last summer BBQ I'm kinda cheating here by putting it on my list, because I can actually already tick it off. We had a big barbecue yesterday with the whole family for my brothers birthday. It was the best.
  • Spent the day in the garden drinking lemonade and reading a good book This is what is a perfect summer day for me. Spending all day in the garden with a book you can't put away, sunglasses on your head and the sun shining. For lunch I'd eat all the fruit and I would drink lemonade all day long.
  • Have breakfast outside on the balcony I hope the weather will take a turn for the better at the end of the week so I can at least eat breakfast on the balcony one last time this summer, because there isn't a better feeling isn't there? Waking up in the first rays of sunshine with a cup of tea in your hand? The best.
  • Go for a bike ride and pack a picnic This speaks for itself doesn't it? We have a beautiful nature park just across the river which would be a perfect destination for a day like this.
  • Visit a farmer's market and pick up fresh summer produce before they disappear once again and we have to wait a whole other year for fresh strawberries and peaches.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.