Popular Posts

Sunday Reflections



I've been so crazily busy this past week that I haven't gotten around to blogging at all. There isn't a post coming today that is perfectly polished and well thought out, simply because I don't have the time at the moment. But I do want to write something, just keep you guys up to date with what is happening right now and to let you know that I'm still alive. So yeah, I thought I would give you a quick update and ramble on a bit of what my week consisted off.

:: Let me just start off by telling that I have officially moved into my student room/apartment today. I already slept there a two nights last week, but I don't think that really counts, because I slept on a mattress in an otherwise empty room. But after moving the last bits yesterday, I can now officially say that I've moved out and that I have my own place. So far (it's been just a few hours) I'm loving it.

:: Though not everything went great. I pretty much burned the meat I was trying to cook, because I didn't know how the stove worked. The smoke detector went off and I had no idea what to do. It's all good now though.

:: It was 9/11 on friday which I think is a special day for everyone, because it holds so many memories. Of course most of them are bad ones.  But not all of them where bad, there are also many good things to remember. All the volunteers for example who tried to help wherever they could. Maureen Johnson wrote a piece about her experiences a few years ago and that is the message that comes across. Of hope and friendliness and being helpful.

:: Last Tuesday I had my first meeting with my honors program. I'm really excited for what the coming year is going to bring. The idea is that every week a different guest speaker comes and each will talk about a subject that they're interested in. The goal is to learn lots of diverse topics and discuss them. It's really interesting and I can't wait for another meeting this week. The most awesome thing is that they serve pizza's after the lecture though.

:: Can I just put it out there that I love you guys? I love this community. Everyone is so welcoming and kind. I never expected to find something like this and I'm so happy that I did. Also thank you to some lovely people who wrote comments on my blog this week. I love receiving them and I will get to replying them as soon as possible.

A few links I've loved this week:
Lovely pictures about an average morning before class from The February Girl
Do you have what it takes to become a true Londoner?
Lorna talked about the things she did this summer
It's important to surround yourself with strong women
And lastly, I totally love these pictures of Rosie's amazing wedding!

I hope you had a lovely week and that next week will be just as great. What are your plans for the week ahead?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.