Popular Posts

The Fear of time slipping by


It's a scary thing you know. How each minute ticks by one after another, time slipping out of your hands and the feeling that you haven't done enough to fill them with productiveness, goals and achievements.

It's one of my biggest fears.

I feel like I'm not getting enough out of my life and that I'm achieving to little and that others are achieving more. I often compare myself to others, more outgoing people perhaps, who spent every waking hour trying to achieve something or being social. And I want to be like them. Or maybe even a combination of different types of people. I want to be a partier, a good student, an awesome blogger, a social person, a good friend and many more things at the same time. And on one side I know that that is impossible to achieve, you can't be a thousand people all at once, but on the other hand I'm afraid that when I'm not all of those people I'm missing out and that I'm not getting enough out of my life.

But I'm just going to exhaust myself right? The thing with trying to be all those people at once, is that just the thought of that makes me exhaust and it results in me being none of those people. Most of the time I don't feel like doing a million things at once or being out and about. I just want to stay in with a cup of tea and a book in my lap or sleep in my extremely comfy bed or watching some new show on Netflix.

The question is however if that's a bad thing.

Maybe I just shouldn't be so hard on myself. Maybe I should just do the things that I like to do and not compare myself to the other persons achievements or social life. Of course you should try to be the very best person of yourself, but if you're not doing the things that you enjoy doing most, like reading books, you're not getting everything out of your life either.

It's ok to spend an evening watching Netflix or going to bed early. Don't be so afraid of time slipping by. You're enjoying these moments too. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.