Popular Posts

A Very Merry Christmas Tag


I can't believe how quickly time has gone this year. Christmas is around the corner and before we even know it, it will be 2016. We need to make the most of these few weeks we still have before Christmas day. I'm not looking forward to the bleakness of January at all.

Even though I've been massively busy lately, I've still been feeling really festive and when Celeste tagged me to do the Very Merry Christmas Tag, it came at the perfect time. As we speak, I'm writing this up on a lovely Sunday evening where I'm snuggled up under the blankets with a cup of tea and Notting Hill on tv.

Let's get the questions going then right?

1. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
If I'm honest I love everything about Christmas, but if I have to choose one thing I think it would have to be the run up to Christmas rather than the day itself. I obviously love spending time with my family on Christmas day, but I think I love the atmosphere surrounding everything to do with Christmas more. Christmas time is just so festive and everything and everyone is so lovely. It's my favourite time of the year.

2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?

There is one movie that I have watched every single Christmas day growing up and that is Sissi. It might not be your classic christmas movie, but it's so good! If you have never watched it before, go watch it sometime this christmas season. For me, it's the perfect christmas fairytale in my opinion.

3. Real or artificial tree?

Real tree, 100%. I don't think we have ever had a fake tree in our house. When it's not a real christmas tree your putting up, then it's not really Christmas. That's my opinion anyway, it might be different for anyone else. For the smell alone, I would go for the real tree all the time.

4. Giving presents or receiving them?

I love receiving gifts of course, but the fact that you have to open them in front of your friends and family is something I don't necessarily like. I would much rather buy a really thoughtful present and watch other peoples reactions.



5. Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?
When I grew up, neither. We never used to receive Christmas gifts and instead would receive presents on St. Nicholas Eve, on the fifth of December. This is the birthday of Saint Nicholas, which is celebrated with gifts in the Netherlands instead of on Christmas day. But the last few years we have done small gifts as a family on Christmas Day and that is usually in the morning. So lately it's been Christmas morning, but a few years ago we wouldn't have done any presents at all.

6. What tops your tree?

I don't know what you call them in English, but in dutch we top the tree with what is called a 'Piek'. It's just your basic tree topper, those vintage ones.

7. As a child, what was the one crazy, wild, extravagant gift you always asked for but never received?

I can remember always wanting a Baby Born when I was younger and I always really wanted a lovely bed from the same brand too. I remember being so disappointed when my mum made the bed herself instead of buying a way more expensive one from the brand. But when I look back now I realize how lucky I was that my mum was so creative.

8. Handmade or bought Christmas cards?

I love receiving handmade Christmas cards, but I would never be able to make them. I'm not creative at all, so bought Christmas cards for me all the way in that perspective. That being said, I probably need to go to the shops soon to buy a few.

9. What's your favourite Christmas food?

I love me some good turkey and stuffing or maybe mince pies. It's a tie between those two I think.

10. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Yes. We don't usually do anything special with dinner, usually something light to set ourselves up for the days ahead, but we always go to the late mass at the local church.  I love that, because then when we get back it's usually already past midnight, which means it's Christmas and we start the day with hot chocolates before going to bed. This year we won't get to do that, because I'll be on holiday for the first time ever.

I hope you liked reading my answers to these questions. 
Thank you so much to Celeste for tagging me.

I'd like to tag Be, Courteney and Alice
You may also like:

2 comments

  1. Christmas tags are so cute. I love reading about everyone's Christmas traditions. You know what tops my tree this year? A white owl. Goofy, but cute.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so nice. I love how everyone decorates their trees differently.

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.