Popular Posts

15 things you should know before you date me



If you've been on twitter for the past few days, you will have noticed a cosmopolitan article about 15 things you should know before you date a blogger. Lots of bloggers were offended by it, including myself. I don't consider myself a real blogger just yet, but I feel like it definitely didn't portrait the blogging community in the nicest way. What annoyed most people was that it wasn't accurate at all. I get that it's meant to be funny, but I don't think that it was executed well at all. After this I saw a few bloggers put up their own 15 things that boys should know before they date a blogger. I loved reading them. It's the perfect way to respond to such a shitty article and I wanted in. However since I don't really consider myself qualified to generalize the blogging community, I thought I should do a list about what you should know before you date me.

1. I love tea. You'd be my favourite person ever if you know how to make me my favourite cuppa.

2. I'd much rather stay in than go out to a club, but when you want to take me to a concert or out for dinner you are very welcome too.

3. Know that when I date you, I will most probably really like you and might even be a bit in love with you. Don't screw around with that.

4. I'll write about you on my blog. Sorry not sorry. I wouldn't take it too personally though, because it will most likely be positive. Unless you screw with my heart of course.

5. I'll ask you to be my personal photographer. It's for my blog, not because I like my picture taken, but because I want to show my readers the voice behind this blog.

6. Don't disturb me when I'm reading.

7. I have a hard time letting people in, but I will eventually. You just need to win my trust and confidence first.

8. I have never dated before and have never had a boyfriend. I don't know what I'm doing.

9. Same goes with all the other things in my life. I might have a little cry on your shoulder when I'm feeling down.

10. Don't look up weird when you find me in my pjs in the middle of the day. I like being comfy.

11. I don't like to cuddle, but I love being comforted.

12. I spent a lot of time on the internet/twitter. I'm sorry that you won't get my full attention, but my twitter friends are important too!

13. Real life friends are important to me and I will sometimes choose them over you to spent time with them. Plus they need to approve of you before I can date you of course.

14. I won't refrain from taking opportunities that are offered to me. Even if it will mean missing you, I will still go for it. Life is too short to waste any time, even if you are in a relationship.

15. You need to be a dog person.

What are things guys should know about you before they start dating you?
You may also like:

18 comments

  1. this is such a lovely, upbeat post. i love reading things like this
    www.thisisallure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I read the cosmo article, and it just fails completely at being funny - I think it just enforces negative stereotypes non-bloggers have - bloggers are just regular people who sometimes go out, sometimes stay in, sometimes want to hang out friends, their partner or just being alone.
    xx

    - Anne | annesmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly. It completely missed the point and it wasn't even funny at all.

      Delete
  3. I've never been in a relationship either, I've never actually thought about how blogging would seem to someone I'm dating. I have friends who don't even know about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly mentioning it to my friends in the hope that they can help me at some point haha. I think some people find it weird, but at the same time it's also inspiring that we use so much of our free time to work on something like this.

      Thank you for commenting.
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  4. I heartily agree with most of these, especially number 3, 14 and 15!
    I made the mistake on unknowingly compromising myself for my relationship and it definitely made things worse. We're back on track now though and I don't think people realise that the key to a good relationship is learning to grow as individuals together.
    Minaali
    The Snap Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think that might be the key to any relationship wether that is friends, family or boyfriend. In the end it all falls down to yourself. Definitely agree with you.

      Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  5. It's such a cute post. God knows why I haven't read that article. I will look for it now!!!
    I never went into a relationship, too. But if I were to say something to my future-partner, it would definitely be something related to tea. Tea is bae!!!!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree hahaha. Couldn't live without tea. Thank you for commenting with such lovely words!

      Delete
  6. EEEEEH not sure how I feel about that Cosmopolitan article. Not really my style. But from your list, #13 <3 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Friends always come first in my opinion. I don't know what I'd do without my girlfriends.

      Delete
  7. I love tea sooo much! I can't even. I feel like I need to try all of the flavors around the world and if I have a partner that buys me tea and let me try new ones. I might marry him, hahaha!
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might feel the same haha. Tea is everything. I couldn't live without it and if there's a guy that likes it as much as me then I might seriously love him. This comment made me chuckle. Thank you.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  8. I love this post!

    https://dewereldvanmyrthe.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so entertaining to read! I've never had a boyfriend or dated either haha. Completely clueless!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. When I hear my friends talk, I often feel like I lack in so much experience, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
      Thank you!

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.