Popular Posts

A Year of Challenges: January

Slightly unrelated picture, but I just really like it - Unsplash









I have been thinking about my new year's resolutions and I want to make this year a little bit more interesting. I thought it would be a good idea to actually start achieving a few things and doing a few challenges. I'm not going to do 30 day challenges every single month, but I want to have one or two things to focus on each month, as a way of actually achieving things.

I talked about this before, but in January one of the challenges I set myself is to blog every single day. So far I'm really enjoying this. It isn't as hard as I expected and I love challenging myself to be creative every single day. I have been on my winter break still though and I'm half afraid if I'm going to manage with so many deadlines looming.

I read somewhere lately, I can't remember where, that it is better to focus on one thing at the time. Instead of trying to complete all goals at once. It is near impossible to stop eating sugar, start working out daily and burying yourself in being productive all at once, for me anyway. I would drive myself crazy. Start on one goal and then move on with the next one after you have completed it, is the way to go for me. Plus I'd like to have a little bit of fun this year.

Besides daily blogging this month, I am also doing the 30 days of yoga challenge from Yoga With Adriene. It is amazing so far, though I'm not going to beat myself up when I don't make it every single day. The 30 days of yoga challenge feels incredible!  I definitely recommend it. And because I'm daily blogging, I have also given my blog an enormous boost. I have had more comments in the 8 days I've been doing it so far then the whole first year of my blog. Maybe challenges is the way to go.

I'd love to hear about any other challenges you have done or that you think sound interesting. Other challenges I'm thinking of myself are a 30 day photography or instagram challenge, a reading challenge (maybe in summer) and a 30 day minimalism challenge. I might even try to do a healthy eating challenge sometime.

Have you done any challenges that you've really liked?
You may also like:

8 comments

  1. I think it makes total sense to focus on one goal at a time, sometimes trying to achieve so many things at once can be way too overwhelming!
    I have been taking part in Adriene's yoga challenge, and I've been loving it. It is such a calming exercise as well as helping work on my strength! xx

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely, I think so too. And a month is a doable time as well. A year can often feel so overwhelming. I feel like the yoga challenge has made me so much happier lately. I'm definitely hoping I can keep it up even after the 30 days are over.

      Thank you for your comment.
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. I've also found that the more I write, the more I have to say. It was really exciting to do daily blogging for my 12 Days of Blogmas, and I can imagine what it's like for you, though it's different for every person. I really like the idea of breaking your resolutions down by setting monthly goals that guide you towards your ultimate resolution :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stepped in and out of blogging over the past few years and have never felt so great about my blog. I really feel like blogging is a hobby that will grow on me the more I do it and I feel like I'm finally getting into some kind of routine now. I love it.
      Yeah I'm really excited for challenging myself to something new each month.

      Thank you for commenting, I love receiving them.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. Good Luck with your challenges!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE Yoga With Adriene as well, so lovely to find someone else that is following her! She's just the right amount of positive enthusiasm :)
    I agree with you that a few goals for each month feel a lot more manageable so I'm trying to do the same! For me, it's more just facing a tiny fear everyday. Whether it's just tiny: saying no to a particular event/person so that it means a 'yes' for myself. Or other days, it might be something bigger like trying something completely outside my comfort zone. Good Luck and all the best for 2016! Ana xxx

    www.namastefromananya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her. She seems so nice and enthusiastic and I just love the sound of her voice. I don't know if that is weird though?
      That is a great goal for 2016. I hope you will keep it up. Good luck to you too. Best wishes.

      Love, eline

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.