Popular Posts

Mini Amsterdam Haul


 Since I still had my last week of freedom last week, before classes started again , I thought I would treat myself to an afternoon of shopping. I hadn't been to Amsterdam in ages and it seemed like the perfect opportunity. I went on a tuesday afternoon with a few gift cards and leftover Christmas money to spend  and I came home with a few nice things. I wasn't necessarily in the mood for clothes shopping hence why this haul is mainly a lifestyle and interior haul. I bought a few lush bath bombs in the sale, went into a few bookshops and hit up a really good Scandinavian interior shop, called Søstrene Grene.


One of the first shops I had to pop into was of course Lush. I was hoping they still had some christmas bath bombs left in the sale and it seems I was lucky, because they still had loads. In the end I picked up two Butter Bears, a Yog Nog and a Mud Pud bath bomb. Butter Bear is one of my absolute favourite bath bombs and I'm really excited to try the Yog Nog and Mud Pud ones.

The main reason I love shopping in Amsterdam is the variety they have of English book shops. There are three in a zone of 500 meter and there is even a Waterstones. I don't know any other Dutch city that has as many English Book stores and since I love books I just had to visit them and pick something up. After a lot of weighing, I could have bought anything, I decided to go with Why is Everyone Hanging Out without Me by Mindy Kaling. I had been eyeing it up for a long time and heard amazing things about it.

I also accidentally stumbled across a really great interior shop: Søstrene Grene. It is a Danish shop and they have lots of cute, cheap stuff for in your home or when you want to get creative. I picked up quite a few bits and bobs here: A vase, a really nice picture frame for on the wall, a few postcards and some really nice green tea (mint and lemon flavour).

And then last, but not least I bought some tulips from the train station on the way home. I find that it's a really nice way to brighten up my home in these dark months.

Did you buy anything in the sales lately? I love January sales.

You may also like:

12 comments

  1. I really liked that book!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it!

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. Amsterdam is on my bucket list of places to visit this year! Love this post :) must try out that book!

    Check me out if you'd like - courtneyhanna.blogspot.co.uk

    Courtney xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely visit, I love it. If you are ever looking for tips you can always contact me.

      Thank you for your comment.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. You got some great things and you really can't go wrong with Lush bath bombs!
    I love the interior bits you got, the picture frame is lovely :) xx

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find that shop near you, I'd suggest a visit. I absolutely love it and they have many more stuff. Lush is always a good idea right?

      Thank you for your comment :)
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  4. Amsterdam is leuk maar soms iets té druk :c
    Ik ben benieuwd naar die Deense winkeltje, klinkt goed!
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hij is echt ontzettend leuk en hij zit op meer plekken in Nederland volgens mij. In ieder geval ook in Den Haag.

      Groetjes, Eline

      Delete
  5. I love Mindy's books. Her new book "Why Not me?" is really good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul, I have yet to visit Amsterdam! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Lush bears are so cute!! I've never seen them in the U.S.! I have to keep my eye out for them! Mindy Kaling's book is amazing! Amsterdam is definitely on my Must Visit list!! It must be beautiful! =)

    Have a great day! Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book by Mindy Kaling is amazing, I read it a couple of months ago and loved it so much! also, the lush bathbomb looks darn amazing! I'm glad you had a great time in Amsterdam :)

    x www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.