Popular Posts

Having a chat over a cup of tea

How are you? I hope you are well. What are you doing right now? Are you hard at work, having a break? Maybe, you are procrastinating and reading this post even if you shouldn't. I've read somewhere that procrastination isn't a bad thing, so don't feel too guilty. Anyway, welcome. I thought today would be a nice day to have a chat, so please tell me in the comments how your day is going so far.

Normally I post a recap of my week on Sunday, but honestly I'm not really liking it. It's a struggle to come up with things to say. Sometimes I just have weeks where I don't have anything interesting to tell and it feels tedious to come up with interesting things to write about. I'm going to scrap that idea and instead I thought why not have a little bit more interaction here. Hopefully this will become a place where we can just have a little chat in the comments. I want a little more interaction on my blog and I thought this might be a nice idea. I drink a lot of tea, so why not have a little chat over a cup of tea once in a while. So stop reading this post for a minute right now and go make yourself a cuppa. I already have mine. And also get yourself a treat in the process, because you deserve it.

(Don't mind me. I'm pretending I have readers right now ok?).

Have you read anything interesting lately?
This is always the first topic that me and my best friend address whenever we have a cuppa together. So, what book or magazine or blog are you reading right now?  I'm currently reading Why is everyone hanging out without me? by Mindy Kaling. I make sure I read a chapter each night before I go to sleep. I don't read it in order though. I just pick whatever chapter tickles my fancy. Yesterday it was about writing. How Mindy writes and it was really interesting.

What are you up to these days?
So tell me what you are up too right now? Did anything interesting happen to you lately? It has been pretty boring over here to be honest. I have been busy with uni work. It's all wrapping up here next week and then I have a week off again. And I have lots of fun things planned that week. Just have to survive a week of revision first.

I'm also watching some water polo right now. It's the European Championships. Netherlands against Spain and it came down to shoot outs. Very nerve recking haha. Nope still not finished. Oh wait the Netherlands just won. Yay. Tomorrow is the final.

Can I just also tell you that this tea is very good. I probably think that with every cup of tea I have, but sometimes I honestly feel like it gets better with each cup I have. When I think about it, I already had 5 cups and it isn't even 6pm yet.

What are you drinking right now?
I'm always on the hunt for new teas to try out. What is your favourite one? Do you like green, black, herbal tea? I personally like green and black teas most. Right now I'm drinking an apple and cinnamon black tea. It's very comforting and reminds me of autumn. Tell me what you are drinking in the comments.

Have you been baking lately?
I have. I baked some cookies last night. These vegan chocolate chip cookies. I got the recipe through Rosie's video and I have to agree with her: they are amazing. Shared them with my best friend and she definitely approves. Don't you just love baking when it's cold outside though? There is something so comforting and warming about a home made treat.

So yeah, I think I might just do these posts once in a while. Tell me what you think about in the comments. I'm struggling with ideas right now and they are always welcome too. 



You may also like:

6 comments

  1. I've just finished reading a sci-fi book that I absolutely loved! It was called The Martian. I really need to up my 'tea game' (is that a word?) and try out some different flavours as I usually just drink normal/green. I tried to make some healthy cookies last weekend but they didn't turn out too well unfortunately!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm going to check it out. I really want to diversify the genres that I read. I love my teas, but I also need to branch out a bit more. It's just too comforting to keep to the same type of tea all the time. I stock my favourite up for a year so that I always have enough of it.
      Oh no that sucks. All that effort for nothing. I made a few sugar free ones a couple of weeks ago, but they weren't too good either.

      Thank you for commenting lovely.
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Where did you find that article about how procrastination isn't a bad thing? because I need to read it :P // I'm currently reading a book that seemed interesting from the blurb, so I started reading it, but the writing seems like it's targeted towards a younger audience (like middle school), so I Googled it, and indeed it is targeted towards a younger audience, so I'm not really into the book, but at the same time, I hate putting books down. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and finish it. I'm reading it on my iPad right now. Usually you can tell who a book is targeted towards just from looking at the physical book (like at the cover for instance), but on an electronic reader you can't really tell haha -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This probably makes me a bad blogger, but I honestly can't remember. I did have a little google though and found an article from Psychology.
      Yeah that is the difficult thing about electronic books. There are so many out there and it's hard to figure out which one is right for you. If you really don't like the book, I'd say that you should stop. Life is too short to read bad books.
      :)

      Delete
  3. I have Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me of Mindy Kaling on my iBooks, to be read soon. I have heard a lot about this book and it seems like a perfect read. I am currently reading The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak & it's been one hella interesting story (the genre is drama).
    I have my mug of Chai tea (brewed with milk and sugar) right with me. It's my 4th cup of the day. Yikes!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds so interesting! Must check it out, because I love books set in different cultures. I like to read one chapter at the time and just pick it up whenever I fancy.
      Tea is just the best thing in the world right now. I can't get enough.

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.