Popular Posts

Inspiring Bookshop finds

I went into three bookshops today. I love them. It is one of the few types of shops where you aren't bothered by salesmen, trying to sell you some shit piece of clothing. And it isn't frowned upon when you stay for a long time just to have a little browse. It is so peaceful in there. No one is talking, everyone is just quietly looking for that one book. There are hardly any crowds. You are surrounded by books, most of which you haven't read. What more could you want? 

I set myself a limit of buying only one book. In the end I went for 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling. I wanted to read that for such a long time, but never got around to buying it. I have started in it already and it's brilliant so far. But other than that book I also found a few others that really took my interest:

Solo - Linda Tubby
A cookbook for solo cooking. Cooking for one is one of the things that I find most difficult about living alone. This book consists of inspirational cooking recipes decided in five chapters: Quick Fixes, Almost Instant, A Little Ahead, Give it Time and Those Little Extras. I had a flick through it and almost all the recipes look stunning.

The Illuminations - Andrew O'Hagan
The cover mainly attracted me here, but the premise sounds interesting. It's about the secrets of our beloved ones that we might never know about and the beauty in ordinary life.

Sisterland - Curtis Sittenfeld
I have heard so many good things about Curtis Sittenfeld and I still need to try a book by her. This book again mainly attracted me because of it's cover. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but sometimes I can't help myself. It's about twin sisters who aren't alike at all except from a special gift they both have. And when one of them predicts a big earthquake coming up, everything starts unrolling.

Inifinite in Between - Carolyn Mackler
Five teenagers meet on the first day of freshman year and make a promise to reunite of graduation. This book is about what happens in between and chronicles the life of these five teenagers in the between years.

The rest of us just live here - Patrick Ness
I heard so many good things about this one. It is about about ordinary people and the extraordinary in the ordinary life. What if you weren't the chosen one?

Dumplin' - Julie Murphy
As someone who has always struggled with their weight, I find it important that books like these exist. Not everyone is skinny and that is ok. I have heard that this book portraits a lot of positive messages about body image and at the same time manages to be funny. Really excited to read this. 

Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
I have wanted to read this book for absolute ages and I'm really in the mood for something light and funny. I have a feeling this is one of those books as it is about two girls who start emailing and a guy has a job to intercept all these emails and read them. He gets engrossed in the mails and starts falling for one of them. 

The Kinfolk Table
Oh wow, this book looked stunning. Both the cover as the pictures inside. The recipes are designed for small gatherings and I imagine it would look pretty perfect on a coffee table. Or it can be used for a little flick through on a wednesday afternoon with a cup of tea.

I need to start saving up I think. Have you read anything interesting lately?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.