Popular Posts

Snapshots from a cold, winter morning walk








It was hard to get out of bed this morning to go on a crispy walk during sunrise, but I'm so happy I went in the end. After the beautiful day we had yesterday, I was pretty sure this morning's sunrise would be a stunning one. The day before, Monday, was a very crisp, bright day. No clouds at all, lots of sunshine and very cold. And then last night it was absolutely freezing. There was no cloud cover and that combined with the cold, makes for a beautiful sunrise. I knew I had to take this opportunity so of I went.

In these moments I wish I had a dog I could take with me, but in lack of one I went alone and spent a good hour wandering around. Lots of people biked past me on their way to work. They must have looked weirdly at me, wondering what I was doing, walking alone on this cold morning, but I didn't care. The sky was beautiful. Hues of pink, orange, blue and purple were everywhere. I didn't know where to watch and I took many, many beautiful shots. Even when my hands were about to fall off.




The last pictures I took, before returning to my room on campus, where the most beautiful. The sun had already risen by then, but the colour of the sky was still so beautiful. I was walking back with my back to the sun, but actually it was beautiful to see the reflections of the sun on the trees, grass and buildings of the university in the background. This one above is a particular favourite. I love the contrast between the blue of the buildings, the reflection of the sun, the purple hues of the sky and the pale green grass.



I'm lucky I have this beautiful nature, close to my room on campus. The campus is actually quite ugly and I'm really happy to escape it once in a while. Most people don't find it attractive, but I love the dutch landscape of meadows and ditches. You can view very far away, because of the flatness of it all and it just makes for very stunning pictures. Now it's time to warm up with a cup of tea I think.

Can I also just say that this is my absolute favourite weather? What is yours and have you been enjoying this cold weather?





You may also like:

16 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning!! One of my favorite posts in a long time. There's nothing better than getting out and appreciating some of the incredible sights we're blessed with in this world.

    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle. It means a lot for you to say that. I agree, we should definitely do it more often.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are INCREDIBLE! <3

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much lovely. I don't know what it was, but the light was just so stunning!

      Delete
  3. These pictures are beautiful I wish I had somewhere petty like this to walk near me xx

    http://www.dotdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would say to just try to go on a walk, because there is beauty in everything. Often because you live there you don't see it. I didn't consider this as a walking trail either, because it's more of a commute area where people bike to work, but then I took the pictures and realized that it's actually very beautiful. I'd say that you should give it a try.

      But thank you so much for your comment.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  4. These pictures are beautiful - they really capture a moment. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those skies!! Beautiful photos Eline (: I just adore a good sunrise - although I rarely manage to spot one 'properly' in Hong Kong because of all the skyscrapers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can imagine that. Good thing your coming home to England. There are probably lots of beautiful sunrises there.
      It means a lot for you to comment on my blog.
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  6. The colours are so beautiful, and the landscape is so peaceful!! My fave has got to be those fluffy balls of sheep. Philly has been having an oddly warm winter, but when I returned from winter break, it finally got cold. The wind is what kills me! I think I'd be more likely to wake up early if it weren't for that... -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's one of my favorites too. They were looking at me weirdly and wondering what I was doing haha. Yeah, but Philly is probably a lot colder then here. When I went on this walk it was only about -2 degrees Celsius, which isn't to bad. And the thought of returning to a warm cup of tea makes it worth it :)

      Thank you for commenting lovely.
      Xx Eline

      Delete
  7. You've captured the morning light so beautifully! You've made ordinary extraordinary. :')
    Minaali x
    the snap narrative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! You've captured this time of year so well :)

    amyrosethoughts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH PHOTOGRAPHY GOALS. That sunrise oh my gosh it's so breathtaking. I'm starting to think I have a slight sunrise/sunset addiction hehe. Those photos are really beautiful! I went out walking in the snow we had in Scotland last weekend and it was so beautiful. Winter seems to make nature walks even more amazing and enjoyable! Really lovely posts and I'm so impressed with your photos :Dx

    Love,

    Anne x

    http://aportraitofyouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh that's beautiful, the bare trees look so stark against the sky. I'm a cold weather fan as well!

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.