Popular Posts

Where does my blog fit in?



Most bloggers I know have valid reasons for starting a blog and then really good reasons for continuing with it. It seems like they all have a vision of what they want their blog to become and have thought of ways on how to reach that. They might be beauty bloggers, or fashion bloggers or might be really into travel or books. Some might have a blog for sharing the small things in life or use it as a kickstart to a new career in journalism. I like reading them all. They might not have a specific niche that they belong in or maybe they do. When a blogger has a vision and personality, I'm likely to read it.

But what do i want my blog to become? And how am I going to bring passion and personality into blogging?

I think almost everyone has asked that question in their lifetime. Where do I belong? Where do I fit in? Where does my blog fit in? And: What do I want my blog to become? What goals do I want to reach? The one answer I can give right now: is that I haven't figured it out yet. But maybe this blogpost will help me with that. Writing things down has always helped me to figure things out.

I don't know what I like to blog about yet. Haven't found my blogging voice yet. Which isn't that weird considering I just started and all. This month is actually the first time that I'm really giving it a go. But I do really want to think about the direction I want to take my blog in. Which is why today you will get a bit of a ramble. I have no idea what is going to come out of this blog post and I haven't planned it at all. We shall see shall we?

It might be a bit of a problem that I don't have a very interesting life and that I'm not necessarily into spending lots of money on beauty and fashion products. I don't like taking photos of myself and most days I don't even put make up on. It seems like those things are important features as a blogger as taking photos of yourself seems part of the deal. Will my blog be kept unread, because I won't do what everyone else is doing? You might even wonder what there is left to blog about and I'm starting to wonder that myself too. I don't want my blog to be just another blog that talks about the things they bought or their house interior. I don't want to be yet another blogger who shares outfits or beauty reviews. I want to be interesting and my blog to be special and unique. I think the first step to such a goal, might be to start writing about the things that I'm interested in. Write a blog that I would want to read and get down to the gritty, real me. Staying close to myself.

I always seem to ask the people around me: What do you think? What should I do? But I'm not going to do that here. This is my place and here I have the freedom to do whatever I want. No restrictions, no deadlines. It's like decorating your own apartment for the first time. Do whatever you want. No one has to live there and if visitors don't like it, they can always leave.

Where my blog fits in, I don't know. Maybe it won't fit in anywhere and I don't care. But we will figure it out along the way.

I'm just going to be me for now.
You may also like:

9 comments

  1. This is a wonderful reflection. I think you're right that it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit in anywhere: it's your voice and it can be whatever you want it to be. I'm really enjoying your blog, I look forward to future posts :)

    Liza xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I find it so hard discovering what I like, but I'm trying my best. It means a lot coming for you. I love your blog.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. This is exactly how I feel right now! I have so many things I'm interested in, and narrowing that down (if it even should be narrowed down) is really difficult! I'm hoping with time though things will become clearer for us both :)

    www.hannahvict.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing. I have no clue what I want at all at the moment, but maybe that is something that is normal in your twenties. It is said that most people know what they want ones they turn 35 or something. Let's hope for that, even though it's still 15 years away for me.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. I have to say that I live an exceeding boring life and am often in my PJ's by 7.30pm. I have also felt this way, I find writing about the things that you love and that interest you is always a good start.

    Sam xx
    Oh! Hello

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to give it a try :) Me too, I don't even like going out of the house past 6pm. Especially in winter.

      Thank you so much for your comment.
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  4. I identify with this SO MUCH, especially that paragraph that starts with "It might be a bit of a problem..." You mentioned a lot of things in that paragraph, and every single one of those thoughts have run through my head at some point. Every single one. I follow beauty/fashion/style blogs with no intention of going out to buy those products because I don't use any in the first place (well, I have some basic clothes, but nothing fashionable I would blog about, just super normal clothes). I much prefer being behind the camera than in front of it. I don't want to just write about hauls or house interiors (unless there's a story behind it). I don't even want to write travel posts unless there's a story behind it; I won't be writing an itinerary of my trip. etc. etc. etc. Truly, I am on board with every single one of those thoughts. I think recently my posts have veered mostly toward travel (besides all those book reviews I posted for my themed blogmas), but that just happened to be what I've been feeling like sharing. Typically, I only write blog posts for things that I'm bursting to share about. Things that make me burst with excitement and that I would text my friend about. Things that I would make my friends pause whatever they're doing and shut up and listen to me being excited. Like, yes, this is what I want to say (rather than I think this is what they'd like to hear) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm with you on the this is what I want to say front. Blogging is actually like talking to your best friends. I remember that my best friend and I were biking two hours every single day to school together and we used to talk about the most random topics and we always had a blast. Maybe it is how I should look at blogging as well. Is it ok if I'm going to go through your blog? I want to see what you used to blog about haha.

      Love, Eline and thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
    2. Haha omg please feel free to go through my blog :') I mean, it's there for people to read ;)

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.