Popular Posts

A Year of Challenges: February


How is everyone doing this fine day? I feel like I might be catching a cold, but other than that exciting things are happening. I'm starting a photography course next week and I also have an interview for a summer volunteering job that I'm very excited about. The year is shaping along nicely and I can't wait what it has in store for us. As I talked about before (in this post as a matter of fact), this year I wanted to do something a little different with my New Years resolutions. No one ever keeps them and most have already given up by now, me included. Instead I thought it would be a good idea to set myself a challenge each month and focus on one thing at the time. It seems a little more sensible and like we will actually reach something this year.

My January challenges were to do the 30 day Yoga Camp and to  have a go at daily blogging. They were both quite though to manage in the end and if I'm honest I didn't keep either of them. That is  however something I told myself before hand that I was not going to stress about. It's ok when I skip a day. That mindset made it a lot more enjoyable overall and I managed to get 23 out of 31 blogposts up and 26 out of 30 yoga videos done. That is still an achievement I can be proud of if I say so myself. I honestly feel like I might be able to keep blogging and doing yoga more frequently throughout this year.




For February I struggled to come up with one thing to focus on. I have so many things that I want to work on, that it got hard to choose. In the end I went for two things that were most urgent to me.

  • Write my thoughts down in a notebook every night before I go to sleep. I feel like I'm not keeping track on what I'm feeling and thinking. I find it hard to express myself at times and I don't give enough time to my own ideas and feelings to develop. It's important to express yourself and to get your thoughts out of your head sometimes. I thought writing it all in a note book would be a good place to start.
  • The other goal is to cut down on sugar. I'm all about my sweet tooth. I don't know what I'd do without chocolate and other sweets. The difficult thing about sugar is that it's in almost everything. Now a few weeks ago my dentist said I really need to work on eating less sugar, because I've started to get teeth decay and I need to get fillings. I don't want my teeth to get even worse and I definitely need to give this a try. He also said that your teeth can handle about 6 intakes of sugar per day. I'm going to try and keep to that.
Yeah so this is what I'm going to be focussing on. I've already stopped putting sugar in my tea. I think that's a big improvement I already made. Habits don't turn around in a day, so trying for a month feels like a good place to start. Here's to February!

Did you set yourself any goals for this month? 
You may also like:

16 comments

  1. Hi Eline!
    Keeping our tracks with resolution and goals is one of the most hardest thing to do. Sometimes we feel bored and don't want to continue what we aim before. Good luck for your resolutions and photography course!! You have a great photography skill already tho, I love your instagram! (I am gonna follow you from now on eheh)

    Anyway..Thank you for visiting my blog. I wonder where is your blog follower widget is.... I really want to follow you, your blog is amazing! The layout is simple and the contents are inspirational. Please let me know if you want to follow each other, I hope we can be friends as well! xx

    febiola-febby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so lovely to hear! Thank you :) I'm not doing much with instagram right now, I should definitely post more often on that platform.
      I'm very sorry about not having a blog follower widget. I just changed my design this week and completely forgot to add one. Will do so as soon as possible. In the mean time you could follow me by email or on bloglovin.
      Thank you for you lovely comment and I'll definitely have a look at your blog sweetie.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. AAAA This is such a fun post, hope you have an amazing day. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll definitely have a look at your blog now :)

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. i absolutely adore this :D
    xo
    vale
    www.fashionneed09.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. That means a lot.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you're doing a really good job with the resolutions! Good luck on the sugar. I can cut it out of my tea but cutting chocolate is another thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep, me too! I'm definitely not going to be able to cut down on the chocolate.

      Delete
  5. i'd like to write more about my life down in a notebook as well but i always get too lazy haha. cutting down on sugar is always a good idea as well, good luck with everything!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year I'm trying another 52 project, and the theme I've chosen is to write weekly Happy Lists. Because it's something ongoing, I've been trying to keep all my thoughts together so that I can share them at the end of the week, so in a way, I've also been "writing my thoughts down" :) The way I do it is that I have a Tumblr that I keep secret because it's unfiltered, and whenever I have thoughts, I just make a post about it. When I'm writing my weekly post at the end of the week, I scroll through my posts and remember all the moments, big and small :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea. I need to keep a better track of the small things. I've loved reading your weekly posts. You are always so positive and happy.

      Delete
  7. I'd never be able to cut chocolate out of my life - I have a serious addiction to it.
    What you're doing is very sensible, and your January progress is definitely something to be proud of. Here's hoping February is even better! <3
    Minaali
    The Snap Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. Chocolate is definitely something I couldn't ever give up. Thank you. So far February has been pretty good :)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our local dentist office no longer accepted my insurance so I was forced to look elsewhere in town. I can not believe how hard it is to find a dentist who actually practices gentle techniques. I am considering paying cash just to be able to go back to my old dentist and have the work done the right way from now on.

    Alessandra Landers @ My Maryville Dentist

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.