Popular Posts

January Favourites



I've been absent from this blog for the past few days. I'm so sorry! I planned to blog every day in January, but sadly that didn't work out in the last week. The semester at uni was wrapping up and I had a big project to finish up and an exam. I didn't have any time to blog even if I really wanted to. But instead, this coming week I'm ready to be back and kick some blogging ass. I have a week off now and I plan to spent lots of my time in bed blogging.

Today marks the end of January. I can't believe that is already 1/12 of the year gone. I'm afraid that this year is going to be a hard one, especially for a few people very close to my heart. I'm going to support them whenever I can, but it's bound to be though. Hopefully this year will still bring some fun times too, starting with a trip to Lisbon in April and hopefully a volunteering job in summer. Let's start with some lifestyle and beauty favourites from the month January though.

I have been needing lots of skincare this month, because my skin has been so dry. I've been using Decubal body lotion and face cream (not pictured) since last year and have been in love with it ever since. It's everything free and is very creamy and soft on my skin. I love it. My skin is very sensitive and I'm allergic to most scented brands and to have a brand that is free of everything is perfect for me.

Of course with winter also comes dry and chapped lips and for that my lifesavers have been the labello soft rose lip balm and Sudocrem for my inflamed corners of my mouth that have been particularly annoying this month.


My Quick go-to makeup routine this month have been a quick coat of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and a dash of Sin from my Naked Palette on my eyelid. I've had both these products for a few good months now and I honestly could not live without them. They're so easy to use and the quality of both is amazing. I love all the colours from my Naked Palette, but Sin is a particular favourite. It really brightens up the eye and the colour and shine on it is amazing.

I also managed to pick up a new perfume this month from my local drugstore. They had a sale of all the testers, which means that you can get amazing brands for a really good price. Some of them are almost full and others are a little bit emptier. The one I picked was a perfect scent for me and the bottle was almost full even when the price was reduced for almost 50%. and I picked this lovely one up for only 25 quid. Such a bargain and it smells amazing too.


My favourite book that I've been reading this month will have to be Is Everyone Hanging out Without me by Mindy Kaling. I picked it up on a shopping spree in amsterdam and have been reading a chapter from it every night. I just pick and go with what I fancy each day and don't follow the chapter line. I've never read a book like that before, but I really like it. Mindy is such an amazing, funny woman and I want her to be my best friend.


This stationary has been the love of my life this month and all of it has been christmas presents from my parents. It's all from the dutch magazine Flow, which is a magazine on mindfulness and happy living. They had some kind of package full of awesome notebooks, a diary, a calendar and many more things. I got it all for christmas and it's amazing! There is a calendar full of tiny pleasures and I also got tons of notebooks and a really awesome diary (all pictured above). The diary is a particular favourite, because it resembles my moleskin one from last year, but way quirkier.

This was my first favorites post. What do you think? And what did you particularly love this month?
You may also like:

12 comments

  1. I really love your mix of favourites. Great job!! I'm dying to read that book. It's at the top of my amazon basket xx

    Sophie xx

    www.sophieblunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been great so far and it's definitely worth your money.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. I missed your posts so glad to read this one :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you that means a lot. I hope to be back to regular posts soon.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. Hope you've been okay despite being busy, lovely! I've fallen back in love with my Naked palette this month too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without mine. Thank you for commenting lovely.

      Xx Eline

      Delete
  4. Love the stationary! And I've been dying to read Mindy Kaling's book too - might have to treat myself this month :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I honestly love it and I can't wait to read her second book too.

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  5. Great faves!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stationary is so gorgeous! I also really like your pillows hehe. I hope your project and exam went well! I have a lab due soon, but I've been procrastinating and cranked out a high of two posts in one week (lol). I should really get back to it... (the lab I mean) (but also the blogging) (although probably not right now) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know the feel so well. It's such a struggle to find a balance between all of the uni work and blogging. It would be so much better if we weren't procrastinating all the time. We'd be so much more productive. Thank you, I feel like it did go well so fingers crossed. Good luck on your lab too.
      I completely forgot to write about the pillows there. 🙈 I picked them up at a second hand store and love them :)

      Thank you for commenting lovely,
      Xx Eline

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh, that stationery. It's so lovely!
    I also adore your cushions, but that's a whole other story. <3
    Minaali
    The Snap Narrative

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.