Popular Posts

My Favourite Love Stories




I kind of ran out of time yesterday, so instead this post is going up a day after Valentine's Day. Sorry about that. How have you all been?

Happy Day after Valentine's Day. If you don't like your standard typical cheesy Valentines post you should probably stop reading. I love love stories and Valentine's Day is just a day to celebrate those stories. I'm embarrassed to admit that I like reading these kind of posts, though I honestly don't think I ever celebrated Valentine's Day before. I've never had a card from an admirer or had a boyfriend I could spend the day with. And I'm totally fine with that. I love being single, but that doesn't mean that I can't dream of having the perfect relationship. Which is why I thought why not share a couple of my favourite love stories. These are the kinds of romances that I would want for myself.

My Parents
In my opinion, my parents have the perfect relationship. They met on holiday once and after that they defied all cliches: a holiday romance and long distance relationship that survived. After 22 years of marriage they are still in love, how awesome is that?  They still go on dates and weekend trips away and they never fight. I don't think they've ever grown bored of each other and I love that about them. They are probably the reason why I set my standard for a relationship so incredibly high.

Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl
I couldn't make a list of my favourite couples without mentioning these two. I just finished the whole series a few weeks ago (I know I'm totally late on the band wagon). It's probably one of the most dramatic and crazy relationships I've come across in fiction, but honestly they do show real love. It's an epic love story. They are probably also the most good looking couple ever.

Hannah and Stef Michalak
Watch the video below and you know enough. The way in which they tell their story was amazing. I already loved their vlogs, but this made me love them even more. They are perfect together and Grayson is the absolute cutest! I've loved hearing about how they've met.



Rory and Logan from Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls probably comes up in almost all conversations I have. It's my favourite show in the whole wide world and I honestly feel like Rory would be my twin in an alternative world. In so many decisions that she makes I recognize myself in. This is probably also why I recognize myself in her romances too. Logan is my absolute favourite out of them all though. It's a very realistic relationship I think. I hope they will end up together in the revival. Tell me I'm not the only one?

Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
The story of Pride and Prejudice is the epitome of romance don't you think? It's not a classic love story for nothing. It's the perfect trope: a from hate to love relationship. Like with Chuck and Blair this is a story where two people start slowly changing the way they see each other. I love those kinds of stories. I wish it would happen to me, though I don't think that is very likely.

Other fictional romances:
Nastya & Josh Bennett from The Sea of Tranquality, Skylar & Josh Mitchell from I'll Meet You there, Rowan and Aelin from Throne of Glass series, Paige and Max from the Start of Me and You, Cath & Levy from Fangirl, Troy & Gabriella from High School Musical and Becca & Jess from Pitch Perfect.

Tell me your favourite love stories in the comments below. I'm pretending it's still Valentine's Day.
You may also like:

16 comments

  1. My other favourite Austen romance is Anne and Wentworth in Persuasion because they find their way back to each other even after it didn't work out the first time, and I love it because it's less fairytale-like and more realistic that Pride and Prejudice I think. Aww I'd never watched Hannah and Stef but thats so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any other Jane Austen romances. Now that you've mentioned Persuasion, I should probably get on that. Hannah and Stef are lovely :)

      Delete
  2. I like good love stories, too. Just because one is single doesn't mean they hate love, right? Chuck & Blair and Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy are awesome couples. I would also add like every Disney couple, especially Belle & Beast, Aladdin & Jasmine, Jack & Sally and Simba & Nala. I love Ron & Hermoine and classic Romeo & Juliet. Man, now you really got me thinking hard about all the cute couple's I actually don't hate. :D Ross & Rachel (Friends), Seth & Summer (OC California) and so many more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly :) I completely forgot about Disney. Agreed with all of those you mentioned there. I can't agree on Ron & Hermione yet though as I haven't watched Harry Potter. There are so many good couples aren't there? Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  3. Rory has the best of luck with guys! // My guilty pleasure is KDrama, even though I can predict everything that happens and all the dramas are basically the same // Happy belated Valentine's Day! Hope you had a great one :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree! I wish I had her luck haha. Oh KDrama's sound awesome. Happy belated Valentine's Day to you too :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, Chuck and Blair are relationships goals! Great blog, so if you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I agree Chuck and Blair are awesome. I'll have a look at your blog love :)

      Delete
  5. I loved this post! It's such a unique spin to a favourites post! I've not seen any of the books or movies you mentioned in this post, but I definitely have some ships of my own!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that's so nice to hear! I love everything on this list and recommend it all :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely loved this post, gurrrrrrrl! I ship #Chair (Chuck & Blair) and don't worry, I am someone who's still stuck at season 3 of Gossip Girl so you already win at life from my point of view. Wink.
    I have yet to read Pride & Prejudice but my twin sister is obsessed with their relationship which made me wonder about it. So I am going to read it asap to find it. And by asap, I definitely mean after the three books that are waiting to be finished in my to-read list. Yikes!
    Your parents love story sounds so lovely. It's THIS kind of love that keeps me optimistic for my own, one day.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ship #chair too. I only finished the whole series last week, but you should definitely make time to finish it sometime. I loved seeing everyone get a happy ending. There are always so many books to read right? I honestly have about 100 books on my tbr-list. I wish for my parents relationship too, but I think it might be only for a couple of lucky people out there. Thank you for you lovely comment :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a lovely Valentine's post idea! Completely agree with Hannah and Stefs! I would have to suggest Missy and Bryan's from the Daily Bumps (Family youtube) is a fantastic love story too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am incredibly in love with the Michalaks family, I cannot get enough of their vlogs, and of course silky montages haha ♥
    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw such a lovely post! I love the Michalaks family vlogs - I've recently started watching them. They're so beautifully edited.

    http://blog.pollyrowan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a sweet post! Agree with the above, the Michalaks family vlogs are just beautiful :)

    Ana xx

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.