Popular Posts

The Secrets to My New Design



So what do you think? I changed my design this week and I'd love to know what you think of it. Too you have any recommendations on how to make it better?

I had a bit of time this week to spend on my blog and I thought I should maybe change my design. I haven't been satisfied with my old design for a while and with everyone changing up their own designs. I felt like the old one was starting to become a little bit boring and not in line with what everyone else was doing. Everyone's blogs have been looking so sleek lately and a lot of them have adopted some kind of grid style and sliders at the top. Now I don't want that for my blog, but I thought it would be time to take a step forward with my design. So, I had a little look around on Etsy and through Michelle's blog I found a shop called MangoBlogs. I first wanted to do something very similar to the others, but in the end I wanted to go for something more me. And I fell for this lovely design that in my opinion looks slightly different then what everyone has, but is still in the same kind of trend.



So what changed over here?

  • I updated my contact page and added a contact form. If you want to send me anything, feel free to do so. I got a code for the form over on I can built a blog and that was really useful.
  • I also updated my about page. You can find it here. Pictures still need to be added, but I'm having trouble with self portraits, so that is going to be a bit of a problem. I just don't like taking photos of myself, but if you have any tips on that front, they'd be very welcome!
  • What I really liked about this new layout is the instagram style grid at the top that shows my most recent posts. I don't know why, but I just really like it. It's very minimalistic and clean, but in a nice way. I do feel like I want to add a little more me still, but I feel like that will happen slowly as I try to better my photographs. Or if you guys have any better ideas? I'd love some advice.
  • I love reading blogs by just being able to scroll through, which is why I wanted mine to still have that.
  • So yeah, that's about everything. I had no idea it took so much work to redesign my blog, even with help from others. I guess it's time to get back to writing posts again now. I have a few on the agenda over the next few days. And I can't wait to get back to writing.
How have you all been? I've been really good and currently watching the end of Gossip Girl.
You may also like:

19 comments

  1. I'm currently using the same theme, actually, but I've customized it to make it more me, haha. A change on the blog's template is always great!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up haha. Love how you customized it and made it your own. I need to work on that still I think, but I do really love this theme. Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Gurrrrrl, it's such a wonderful design. A sleek & minimal design can never go wrong. Love it!
    I'm currently on the 3rd season on Gossip Girl and haven't managed to finish it. The blame is on MTV for new Teen Wolf episodes and my college, of course *insert a crying emoji here*

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you, that's lovely to hear! I'm on a bit of a netflix binge right now. You should really finish gossip girl though, because it's awesome!

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the changes and color scheme! And the Instagram feed is a nice feature too!

    Melody // MAREVOLI

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAA I am in love with your blog, it's super fun to read:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely going to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. I love how this new design is simple but sleek. It's totally not distracting when I wanna read your content but still manages to get what your blog is all about within the design.

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear. I really love it too. Thank you for commenting!

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  7. I love it, it feels very neat and agrees with me very nicely! I've been thinking of upgrading my template for a while but I'm still unsure of what I want to go with. Also not sure whether to upgrade to Wordpress or stick with Blogger. So much to contemplate on!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried wordpress before, but I don't think it agrees with me. Blogger is where I know where to find everything. I guess my advice would be to wait till you are fully sure, because it's not nice to spend money on something that you are going to regret a month later.

      Thanks for commenting.
      Love, Eline

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sleek look, especially the font of the titles :) I think you'd appreciate this Tumblr post :P -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah definitely :) Thank you. I'm still trying to get accustomed to it, but I feel like it's a definite improvement from my last design.

      Delete
  10. good job, your blog looks awesome! I really like MangoBlogs too- their designs on Etsy are so well priced and beautifully designed!

    The Awkward Blog

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.