Popular Posts

Goodbye February & Welcome March



There is only one way to describe February this year and that is bittersweet. Dark days have turned just a little bit brighter with the sun shining through now and again. It gets little lighter every day. It's one of those things that makes me indescribably happy. But at the same time it's still often dark and miserable outside. When it comes to January and February they can become quite lonely right? I've really felt the blues this month.

I can't wait to feel the heat of the sun on my back again and smell the scent of freshly cut grass that always seems to come with springtime. I'm sorry to say, but I'm glad that February has come and gone and we can make our way towards spring. March will be crazy, but it looks like it's going to be better than February has been so far.

This past month I've learned how short life can be. We all secretly expect to live to be eighty right? Well that isn't necessarily going to happen. We all think we have an eternity to live and that things can wait. But when you watch someone die at the age of 50 you suddenly realize that life will end one day and it might come sooner than you expect it to. That thought scares the crap out of me. The days turn by so quickly and before you know it days turn into weeks and years. Before I know it, in the blink of an eye, my college days will be over and all that will be left are the memories of a time that has come. Will I regret the opportunities that I didn't take?

Maybe this blog will be a good way to counteract that feeling of missing out. This place has a way of making me think more about the present time. Instead of just living life on auto pilot, this blog has me thinking of my experiences more. I really really want to take more time to write on here. I miss it and it often makes me feel so much better.

Another thing I learned this month is that being able to support someone is a lovely feeling. It feels like I finally found something that can help, even if it's just a little. I'm talking about supporting my best friend. She and her family are going through an extremely difficult time right now. Her father has been on a sickbed for more than a week now and life is slowly but surely leaving him. It's incredibly sad to watch. For the longest time I felt like there wasn't anything I could do and it made me feel like crap, but she asked me and a few other friends if we wanted to visit and I went twice last week. It's been really good to have been and I feel a little bit lighter now, knowing that it made them very happy to see me. I finally feel like I could do something, even if it's just a little bit. Does that make sense?

As you can see, it has been a difficult month around here, but I've also had a lot of lovely moments: I've made tons of new friends this month, I joined the activity committee of my sports club and I discovered the amazingness that is cinnamon buns. I also started a new photography course and finished the entire series of Gilmore Girls. I also redownloaded my Tinder again this weekend. I feel slightly embarrassed about that fact, but it has given me an extreme ego boost. Sometimes you just need that right?

I really hope that March is going to be better. Bring on Spring! Tell me how your February has been in the comments. I love to know.


You may also like:

16 comments

  1. I hope March is going to be better to you as well! But the spring is coming and that means more sunshine and hopefully much of a good mood :-)

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from missingwanderer.org.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So far spring has been a lot better than February has been. I hope you're doing ok?

      Love, Eline

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your friend's father. Life is so unpredictable. You never know what awaits ahead. I know it's easier to say to make the most of whatever time you have in your hands, but practically, it makes even more sense.
    My February was quite busy. With college ending, I am left with a lot of assignments and exam preparations. Then there are social events to attend. I can't wait for summer break now.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've definitely had a difficult month lovely - let's hope March is better for you! I literally live my life with no regrets and always try to make the most of each of my days ! I honestly cannot wait for summer either !!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit! It's a good motto :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad February is over! Obviously there were some brilliant moments, but near the end it was pretty bad, and I'm trying to stop that bad feeling leaking into March! I'm really sorry about your friend's dad, but I'm sure they really appreciate you coming to visit :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He passed away at the beginning of March sadly. I'm happy that that period has gone by, because it was really awful to watch. I hope your March has been better so far.

      Xx Eline

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your February was rather difficult. But here's to a new month. Happy March, I hope it'll be good to you :-)

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from missingwanderer.org.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been infinitely better.

      Delete
  6. I completely agree. I can't wait for spring to get here. This weather is depressing me more than I already am. But from what I see when I look outside the window, it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. It's snowing like crazy. :(

    I'm sorry to hear that someone from your close circle isn't feeling well but it's great that you're there for your friends and her family. All you can do is be there when somenbody need you. These things definitely make you reflect on life in a different way. We should cherish every moment because as you said, it can be over any second.

    Man, I'm gonna do a spring dance now. Maybe that will help. :D Have a great Sunday!

    XX Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving spring already. I hadn't had the time to reply to any comments over the past crazy few weeks and it's so weird to reply to comments from so long back. I hope you are well into spring now and no more snow, because that sucks.
      My best friend's dad sadly passed away at the beginning of March. I'm happy that difficult period is over, even if it's incredibly sad. Thank you for your lovely comment :)

      Xx Eline

      Delete
  7. February felt like a rush, always trying to catch up to whatever was going on with school. Now it's finally spring break, and I'm really enjoying the change of pace. / October of last year was difficult for me for a situation similar to yours. The greatest comfort I found was in my friends, good music, and good food. When I think back to that time, I still get sad, and whenever I talk about it, I can still feel tears rising, but there have also been many happy things since then. I wish you all the best in March! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I realized over the last month that you can't underestimate your support system. My best friend, our mutual friends group, her family and my family are all so important to me. I realized that nothing will ever be more important to me then they are. No amount of school work goes before them and I think that is something really good that came out of it. Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's father - what a horrible experience for her family to have to go through. I think all you can do is be there for her and support her, like you have been doing. I completely agree with you as well about blogging allowing you to be more present in your day-to-day life, which is one of the reasons I love photography so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing such a sweet comment. I'm doing a photography course right now and I'm starting to feel the same way about photography.

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.