Popular Posts

Photographs from Easter weekend


This weekend has been such a chilled one. I haven't had one in so long, that the concept has become completely foreign to me. Normally I end up working Friday and Saturday and using Sunday to catch up on uni work I didn't do during the week. But not this time. Since it was Easter weekend I had an extra day to catch up on all my course work and by some miracle I managed to get Saturday off from work. Now that it's back to the sad world of deadlines and exams for me, I thought why not linger a bit longer in the beauty of the last couple of days.

My weekend started on Friday, when I took the car up to Utrecht for my first Easter brunch of the weekend. I was on the organization committee, which meant I had to be there in person. Everyone was supposed to bring something of their own and this resulted in a spread full of amazing food.  I came home so full, that I don't think I ate anything for the rest of the day. Can I also just say that I love driving own my own. I love that there is no one around to shame you when you listen to the most cheesy radio stations and burst into songs at the top of your voice.







On Saturday I did all the things that I don't normally have time for. I managed to pick up a lovely spring dress and a really nice pair of jeans, we did some food shopping for our easter dinner the next day and I managed to catch some of my brothers football game that I hadn't been to in ages. And then when I got home I also attempted to bake a batch of hot cross buns. Can you believe I never had any before this weekend? They turned out amazingly and we munched them right down during brunch the next day. I don't know why I left them so long to try though.

And then it was Easter Sunday. My mum and I woke up really early to go to church. I definitely don't go every week, but it feels like I should when it's holidays like Christmas and Easter. It's a good reminder of what Easter weekend is about, instead of it only being about food and chocolate. Even if I don't consider myself proper religious, I do like the calmness of a morning spent in church. It's nice to think about something other then every day life once in a while. When we came home, my dad and brother, had laid out a whole spread of food including bread, hot cross buns, scrambled eggs, cooked eggs, tea, orange juice and so on.

The rest of the day was reserved for family time. It was my nephew's third birthday. He is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. I'd love to cuddle him all day long. With the excuse of taking photos for my photography course, I managed to shoot a few very cute pictures of him and his older brother. And then after that my grandparents came home with us to have a lovely easter dinner.




This weekend has been one of the most relaxing ones I've had in a while. And the best thing was that we had the Monday still left. I ended up working on my paper all day long, but at the end of the day my mum and I ventured out for a cold, windy walk though. You can see how stormy it was in the pictures below. It was a beautiful path though. Definitely somewhere to return to once we get to go on dog walks again. Though the dog shouldn't love swimming, because that could go wrong with water on either side.





How was your Easter weekend? Did you manage to relax a little? I know how tons of students will probably be head over heels in exam stress, just like I am from now on, but I hope you are ok and manage to relax in between too. I'm going to have a bath now and then I'm going back to working on my essay.
You may also like:

10 comments

  1. Those chocolate eggs look so sweet! Happy birthday to your nephew, he looks super chuffed to be blowing out his candles and you're right, incredibly cute! Easter was nice, I had a bit of a blogging/internet detox! Back to working on my assignments too! :(

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh that's really nice. I should have a detox sometime too. Good luck on your assignments.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great Easter weekend! I can't even remember what I did during that time; it passed by way too quick! I've never had hot cross buns before either, though I've sang that song about it numerous times :P Your nephew is so adorable! His dimples! And that photo of him hugging the toy :') -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which song? You should definitely try them. They were even more delicious than I thought they would be. I know he is so cute. I'm completely in love with his dimples <3

      Delete
  4. It's good that you got a bit of time off to chill! Your nephew is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he's so cute. I'm longing for that weekend.

      Delete
  5. Looks like such a nice, relaxing Easter! Those chocolate eggs are so cute! Almost too cute to eat . . . almost.

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you that they are gone by now haha.

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.