Popular Posts

Postcards from Lisbon












I returned from Lisbon on Thursday, after being lucky enough to spend four days in this amazing city. The views are absolutely outstanding and the same goes for the beautiful tiled houses and the small alleys and steps you come across. The city reminded me of those typical Italian cities. In the way that you just want to reminisce what it was like to live there during the Age of Discovery with Columbus and the likes. Can you believe that this once was the capital of half the world? And yet, the city doesn't feel like a big city at all. Instead it's one of those lovely places that you just can't help but feel home in. As I'm working on the first of my Lisbon photo diaries, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite photographs I came across.

A window view from the castle 
Mid-morning in Bairro Alto  
Colourful azulejos 
Romantic balconies in the Baixa 
Spring blossom 
Lemon trees 
Early evening along the river
Grilled salmon in a super cute Portuguese restaurant
Rainy first sighting of Lisbon

You may also like:

10 comments

  1. Oh, that sloping street in Bairro Alto. I really yearn for views like that to take photographs. I like how the colors of the buildings really stand out. Strange, it's one of those things I just glance at quickly in real life, but it sure does pop on camera!

    Alyse (J.X.L.) | Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same. When I'm abroad and playing tourist I just snap away at everything and everything, but when walking around in my hometown I somehow never realize how beautiful certain places are.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word this place looks beautiful. I would love to visit, take my camera and go a little crazy. I can't wait to see your upcoming posts on your visit, sounds like you had an amazing time :)
    Katie | Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. The whole city was super snap worthy, definitely a recommendation. I took about a thousand photos in four days, so you can expect a few posts haha.

      Delete
  3. These are incredible! Lisbon looks so amazingly beautiful. I probably wouldn't be able to put my camera away in there :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo many pretty shots! You made me hungry 😂 I hope you buried your feed in the sun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely stunning, especially the one of the gated balcony! So lovely. Never been to Lisbon, but these photos really were able to transport me there!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the second picture! It reminds me of Tallinn, Estonia. Have you ever been to Estonia?

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing x

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ughhhh I was so little when I was last I Lisbon but you're right, it's an incredibly beautiful city and I'm v jealous of your trip!! Can't wait to read more about it :)x

    Love,


    Anne

    http://aportraitofyouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.