Popular Posts

The annual best friend trip: I'm going to Lisbon


I just wanted to quickly update you on the fact that I'm about to go to Lisbon. I have about five minutes to write this, before I have to catch my bus on the way to the airport. Hopefully by the time you're reading this, I'll be safe and sound in Lisbon. This morning has been a whirlwind of cleaning and packing, writing and painting my nails. Honestly it's been stressful, but I managed in time and now I'm just so excited to go away.

My best friend and I go away together almost every year. Two years ago it was Paris, last year was London and this year it's Lisbon. This year will be slightly different though, because we've both never been to this city before. It's great that we're able to discover it together. As we're both geography students we're always very interested in the layout and atmosphere of a city. I'm sure we will discover many great places. I also can't wait to use my new photography skills for real this time. Hopefully I'll get some beautiful shots. Another thing that makes the trip this year different is the fact that she's been going through a very difficult time lately and I'm just happy that we're able to do these things together and hopefully it will help her in some ways.

I've heard such great things about the city as a whole. Apparently it's a maze of small streets where you can get easily lost and it's supposed to be exceptionally beautiful too, what with the sea and everything. The weather forecast isn't too great, but I'm sure we will make the most of it. And if it rains too hard, we will just duck into a cafe for a hot drink and a pasty somewhere. We already have a few must see places on the agenda, but I love that I don't know too much about the city yet. We'll just discover it as we go along.

See you on Friday.

Love, Eline
You may also like:

6 comments

  1. Have a great time!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisbon is AWESOME! Hope you're having an amazing time!

    Jane / deluminators

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely incredible. What a beautiful city <3

      Delete
  3. I love that you and your best friend make it a thing to have an annual trip together! I'm still adjusting to being away from my high school friends, who I hardly ever see anymore. I've met so many new people in college and have the most fantastic friends here, but it's always nice to catch up with some old friends! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to catch up. We used to talk for about two hours straight every day on our way to school and now we hardly see each other, so these trips are times where we can just chat and chat and chat and it's the best. You should plan some sort of big meet up.

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.