Popular Posts

My Happy List #1

Welcome to a new series on the blog. I've tried to come up with a good name for a series like this for a very long time. There are so many blogs out there with a catch-up style weekly series, which I absolutely adore reading. But it does feel like everything name- and format-wise has been done before. Still I want to start my own little series. One of the reasons why I blog is that I want to keep track of the things that make me happy in life, wether it's small or big. Starting such a series, sounds like a good way to incorporate that. So here we go.

This week has been an exciting one to say the least. Here is what has made me happy this week:

~ Flying. I love it. There I said it. Many probably wouldn't agree, but I'm not afraid of it and can actually enjoy myself on a plane. I love the few hours of quietness where I can just read or look at the clouds outside and be excited for what lays ahead.

~ We had a wonderful time in Lisbon. We spent our time wandering up and down winding streets. Only stopping when we came across a house with those beautiful Portuguese tiles or a vantage point. It was a wonderful, old, quiet and peaceful city that reminded me a bit of Rome. We did have to wonder up and down hills quite a bit though, but it was completely worth it when we reached a Miradouro with an amazing view.

~ The funny thing is, that actually I'd never heard people talk about Lisbon before really, until we decided to go and all of sudden everyone online and in my real life is visiting the city. One of my best friends is there right now, my mother's cousin is studying there and my uncle and aunt are going next week. It's crazy.

~ I had a bit of a mishap with trains on Thursday evening, but it made me realise what wonderful parents I have and how truly grateful I am to have them in my life. I arrived at Eindhoven Airport from Lisbon at around 10.30 pm and I had decided to be all independent and find my way home by public transport all on my own. That didn't work out, because the last train home didn't run and I ended up calling my parents. The wonderful man that my dad is, decided to drive all the way to Eindhoven and back to pick me up. I did a little weep at the train station out of gratitude.

~ Saying that I also managed to nick a cup of tea from the Burger King just before they were closing to warm my hands while waiting for my dad. I'm always so very grateful for a cup of tea. It's wonderful what magic a warm cup of liquid can do to you. I was tired, emotional and cold and it cheered me right up.

~ Birdy's concert I went to with my mum yesterday was absolutely incredible. It was my mother's day gift to her and it was absolutely lovely. She has such an incredible voice. We spent an hour and a half in complete awe. 

Other things that made me particularly happy this week include an amazing book that I finished last night (The Day we Disappeared by Lucy robinson), a fun evening full of laughter and new friendships, the photography museum I visited this morning and the quiet few hours I spent working on my blog yesterday morning and this afternoon.

It's been a crazy, wonderful few days and now I'm happy to be home and get started on a new uni term. I have found so much inspiration to blog in these past few days. So I'm just going to get cracking on preparing a few for you. How has your week been?


You may also like:

12 comments

  1. Sounds like you've had a pretty great week! Glad you had a great trip to Lisbon, it has been a city I've always wanted to visit and so kind of your Dad to come and pick you up. Parents are great like that! xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Definitely 100% recommend a visit. It's amazing the things they do for us right? Thank you for commenting, so lovely <3 Xx Eline

      Delete
  2. This post makes me so happy, so many good things happening! Yay on your dad (and hot beverages!). And you're right, it seems like absolutely everyone is going to Portugal/Lisbon this year (me too ;). Can't wait to read the new blog posts you'll come up with!

    Hanna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is so awesome. I'm pretty sure you're going to fall in love with it.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are starting this weekly series; they're among my favorite types of posts to read! (So I'll definitely be reading this one, hehe) I also think it is difficult to make one with elements that haven't been done before because I think there is only so much you can do with a weekly listacle.

    Glad you got to see Birdy. I've watched her live performances on YouTube and she's just breathtaking. It's fantastic when artists sound just as good or better than the record when performing live, isn't it?

    Alyse (J.X.L.) | Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely. But I figured that everyone of our lives are unique, so maybe that will add a touch of something different, but I'm really struggling with making it interesting. We'll see how it will develop.
      Birdy was indeed absolutely breathtaking. Her voice stands out even more when it is live. Absolutely adore her.

      Delete
  4. I was a bit hesitant about writing Happy Lists on my blog as well, because the Internet is FULL of those. But to not do something just because other people are doing it is not a great reason :P I love writing Happy Lists, because I feel happier when I do :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree, which is why I started it :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had such a nice week! I'm sorry to hear that you trying to be adult didn't work out, haha. But it's good that your dad decided to help you out. Also, tea never fails to make me happy :) And I bet Birdy was freaking amazing! Her voice is truly incredible :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you decide you don't want to be a burden and end up even more of one. But thank god they love me and do those things for me. Birdy was wonderful. Her voice is stunning and even better when it's live.

      Delete
  6. I love flying too, strange but true! Lisbon sounds amazing from what you've said, I've had it on my travel list for a while now!
    Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love the anticipation. Lisbon was truly incredible.

      Delete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.