Popular Posts

My Happy List #3


Third week in a row. Yes!

A week of firsts this has been. It has been the first week that we were able to spent with our puppy, the first 'heat wave' of the year, our first family barbecue of the year and the first trip in the car with the roof open to get ice cream. I'm so happy to be able to wear summer dresses and sandals again. I always love that first week of warm weather that always happens at one point  in May/June. This excitement for summer, before the heat starts to bore you. I love it. I'm now sitting in my makeshift sunbathing spot by the window.

:: I like to wish my mum the best Mother's Day she could possibly have. She's the best and I love her so so so much. Half the time, I don't think I even deserve her. Though I guess we all say that about our mums. One day a year is not nearly enough. I should show my gratitude for her more often. I already gave her my present a few weeks ago when we went to see Birdy in concert together. I love those mum/daughter trips. They will never grow old.

:: I'm writing this now, while still riding on a high from the exciting climax to football this year. In the Netherlands Ajax were bound to be champions on goal difference this afternoon, but they dropped  two points in the last game of the season and now somehow PSV ended up being champions. Life is good, when the football is good and honestly this year it's been outstanding. Especially since Leicester are now also champions in Engeland too. I love it when underdogs win. I'm also very sorry if this football talk is too much for you. I completely understand if you hate it, but I honestly can't help but love it. It makes me giddy when my team(s) win.



:: The pup has been very cheeky this week (and adorable). She's a right little terror, but I can't get mad at her. She's just too cute. This week she's learned that my dad's slippers are extremely interesting and  that she likes feet, cords, shoe laces, hair to pull on. She's also learned to climb the stairs and crawl through the stair gate we put up. She's also apparently afraid of people sneezing. Too adorable, I can't help it.

:: Yesterday my grandparents came over for an impromptu barbecue. The first one of the year. It was absolutely lovely. It's seems like we're rolling into summer already and for now I'm enjoying the heck out if it. Bring on more balmy summer nights, yesterday was a teaser.

:: Other things I particularly liked this week: reading my book whenever I can, buckets of strawberries, strawberry and lemon cake, afternoon's lazing in the sun, trips to get ice cream, driving with the roof off.

:: I've also fallen in love with a new blog again this week: Alexa Moyer

I'm now going to enjoy these last rays of sunshine and then I'm eating strawberry cake and the latest episode of Masterchef Australia. If you have any posts like these let me know in the comments, I love to read them.
You may also like:

4 comments

  1. Your puppy is TOO cute!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very lovely week :) And I can't get over how cute and adorable your puppy is!!!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WENT TO SEE BIRDY. OMG. I AM SO JEALOUS.


    I'm also jelly that your mum goes to see things with you, my mum's not really into that ahah. OMG THE PUPPY!!!! AHHH it's actually so adorable <3 I'm not really a dog person but then my brother got a puppy too and i'm absolutely smitten! you just can't not love them! this is so lovely and positive, you're like a little ray of sunshine :D


    Love,

    anne


    www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg "reading my book whenever I can, buckets of strawberries, strawberry and lemon cake, afternoon's lazing in the sun, trips to get ice cream, driving with the roof off." This sounds like the perfect way to enjoy summer. I've gotten about a week into summer and it hasn't been the most relaxing yet, and I'll be starting my summer job next week. I was gonna say, "I wish my summer was like that!" but you know what?! It totally can be! I have weekends after all :D You've inspired me -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.