Popular Posts

It's Summertime

 The problem I've found with taking a break from blog writing, is that it's so hard to get back to a writing routine. I've been saying to myself to get back into it, but it's just not been working. Every time I sit down to write, I just can't seem to get the words on paper. And then I get distracted by other blogs, get a little jealous of their writing style, and it just starts to gets worse. It's just like playing a sports isn't it? When you fail to continue working out and take a break, it's like you need to start building your stamina all over again and looking over at other sporters who are way better than you isn't going to help at all.

But let's catch you up about what has been going on lately, alright?

The last month of the school year has been a blur of deadlines, exams, meetings with friends and weekends away. And then at the end of the month I've been following the news on Brexit too. It's a bit too crazy to think about it, I find. A country wanting it's own borders back in a world of globalization. It sounds pretty unthinkable to me. I don't want to say too much about it, because I don't think I'm invested enough to know much about it. However, I had been hoping for Remain and it's been interesting to follow the discussion before and afterwards.

Looking back on the past few weeks, I'm happy I called an hiatus on the blog. I couldn't have juggled any more activities than I already had right now. Busy weeks, followed by busy weekends have made it a fun, but tiring few weeks. My weekends included participating in the national student championships with five matches in two days, fourth place as a result, three goals by my own making, pizza, great company and two awesome parties. Another weekend was spent being taught how to become a summer counselor with real kids to practice on.


I don't think I've talked about it on here yet, but my summer plans include volunteering as a summer camp counselor for three weeks. It starts in a few hours and if I'm completely honest, I'm nervous as hell. What if I can't do it? I worry about not being a natural leader and creating chaos, but despite all, I hope it will be fun too.

Everything uni-related has been wrapped up last week and now summer can start. I had a whole plan of spending the first week of my summer break working on the blog, drafting blog posts ahead of time for when I would be away and just generally chilling. That didn't work out due to a writer's block following my hiatus. I left it behind now though I think: I've written three blog posts today, which are set to be scheduled over time.

I'm pretty excited to be working as a counselor at the summer camp for kids despite my nerves. I sincerely hope it will be fine and that I will learn fast. Other plans on my summer to-do list include: a road trip with my best friend and a city trip to London and I hope to be spending the rest of my time watching the Olympics (and maybe working some more too).

Tell me about your summer plans in the comments below, I'd love to know!
You may also like:

3 comments

  1. Good to see you back! Good luck with the summer camp counselling, hope you have heaps of fun!

    Jane / deluminators

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting back into blogging is so hard sometimes, I know that. But good to see you back! It's wonderful that you decided to volunteer, I hope you will have a great time while doing so. :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend is working as a summer camp counsellor this summer as well :D The kids are driving her mad, but I have a hunch she's having fun :P Good luck with summer camp counselling! // You go guuurl, churning out those blog posts :D -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.