Popular Posts

December Diary | 02-12-16


I think everyone is so very ready for this festive period after the shitty year, news wise, it has been. I simply do not have the time to attempt either blogmas or vlogmas, because it's a manic uni month full of deadlines and other commitments, but since I don't want to let this festive month go by unnoticed, I thought I would start a new series, possibly bi-weekly, where I'll talk about anything and everything that has been going on this December month. Let me introduce you to 'December Diary'. I think topics will vary, but we will see how we get on.

Despite everything that has happened in the world over the last 12 months, Brexit, the Trump election, a number of celebrities that have passed away and the future these events will bring, I still had a pretty amazing year personally. I turned 21 this week and it's always a change to look back on the year that has gone by. Last year has been one where I have been content with myself for maybe the first time ever. I love where I'm currently at and I think I have a pretty solid plan for at least the next two years. I was talking to my parents yesterday, how much I actually love being at uni. I revel in the challenges course work brings me. I'm making friends left and right who actually make me feel good about my life, I have a lovely studio that I can call my own and that instantly feels like home the moment I step in the door and I see my parents plenty enough still. Plus we got the sweetest pup at home who always manages to put a smile on my face.

At the same time birthday's also have a way of making you realize how quickly life turns by. At 21 I can officially call myself an adult (even if I don't feel like one at all). It scares me looking at the future after school, but at the same time it's incredibly freeing. I have every change to do something that I really love and I hope that life will turn out alright. I know I've gotten very lucky and privileged growing up, but what will happen when I'm really on my own two feet? Maybe, I'll turn out like Rory Gilmore and keep on making mistakes. I remarked on twitter already that I'm so much like Rory, it almost scares me, especially since so many people seem to hate her. (Has anyone seen the revival by the way. I'm available if you want to talk).

In other news:

  • I've decorated my student room yesterday. It looks very festive. 
  • I'm also currently at home with my parents and tomorrow I'll be celebrating my birthday again for family.
  • Sinterklaas is this week, which officially marks the first of festivities. I've plans to watch christmas movies on the 5th and we're playing Secret Santa on Thursday.
  • Vlogmas has also started. It's the only time of year, that I watch vlogs. I love watching what everyone get's up to in December.

Take Care,
Eline









You may also like:

5 comments

  1. So glad to read one of your posts! :)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your December Diaries! Happy belated birthday :) Ah I haven't yet watched Gilmore Girls, but it'll be the first thing I do once school is over! Can't wait to get on with the festivities :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a busy month up ahead - good luck with everything! Glad to hear uni's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love December Diaries - or diary-type posts every month of the year. It's so interesting to have a nosey at what other people have been up to! Best of luck with all your deadlines, right with you there. And even if you don't feel like an adult at 21, you love uni, love what you, and have a plan for the future... so you're doing pretty well!

    Alyse (J.X.L.) ▲ Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY ELINE :D I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful day and that this Christmas is a completely magical one!

    Love always,

    Anne x // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.