Popular Posts

Merry Christmas + A Festive Reading List



Good morning,

It's Christmas and I'm sat writing this post with a cup of coffee in one hand and a mince pie in the other. In a few hours we're off to my grandparents for a christmas dinner and presents by the tree. For now though, there is a christmas movie on the tv and we're indulging in some pure downtime. I love how slowly Christmas day always goes. You think you will be extremely busy, but you end up having a lot of time on hand to simply watch tv or read a book. I think that is wonderful. We already did presents last night and I got a beautiful travel book full of the most amazing places from my brother that I ended up flicking through for a few hours this morning. If you are having that same moment  between breakfast and christmas dinner or an afternoon nap after your christmas lunch and you're in for something to read, then here is a little guide:

I couldn't resist picking up this book when I saw it last week and I think it would be perfect to read during the next few days: Chrismas Days: 12 stories and 12 feasts for 12 days by Jeanette Winterson

Reading for hope at christmas

The latest Schmancy newsletters. They have been an absolute joy to read.

Probably my favourite christmas romance writer ever: Sarah Morgan

I'm thinking of adopting this weekly series next year, because I love it so much.

I get bored of being in bath after about 15 minutes, but this diary of a week full of baths makes having a bath sound absolutely wonderful.

What are the holidays without christmas specials and films on tv right? Bumpkin Betty shares her tv guide for the uk. Top of my list for Dutch TV will be the showing of all three Sissi movies on Net5, The All You Need is Love Christmas Special on Christmas Eve on rtl5, the Bake Off special on the BBC of course, technically a radio thing: but the Serious Request Wrap Up and I also always make sure to watch end of year round ups.

If you don't feel festive enough yet: Hannah shares her favourite christmas moments

I wish I could write as beautifully as Sarah does. Grab a cuppa and dream away at: The book of December

And if you want to get truly into the Christmas spirit, I'd recommend reading through Rosie's christmas tag. I've always loved her beautiful pictures and it's a joy to return to them every year.

Merry Christmas! I'm off for a nice long walk with the dog now.


You may also like:

1 comment

  1. Haha the chaos of Christmas definitely reaches its height in the days before Christmas, but when the day finally arrives, it feels good to slow down and just soak it all in :D Merry Christmas! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete

© My Return Ticket. Design by MangoBlogs.